Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Touring Hong Kong

March 23, 1953
Hong Kong

Tai Fu Tai Mansion, built in 1865
Hi Angel,

What's cooking, state-side?

Honey, I got your package today and I don't know how to thank you. It was so "damn" nice. Darling, it was too much. You really must have put a lot of time and work into it. Most of it is gone now. These guys really loved it. You know how it is, when one gets a package, everyone gets one.

Josh said to tell you the cake and candy were the best he ever ate. And that goes for me, too. It really was wonderful, Norma. I thank you with all my heart.

I'm glad to hear you got back from Maryland O.K. I was a little worried with all that snow on the ground.

A British ship sent her boxing team over tonight to fight our team and the Valley Forge fighters won every bout, four by knock outs.

Boy, this town is really something to see. I wish you could see it with me. We could really have fun together. Everything goes here.

The mountains rise directly up from the sea, so as soon as we are ashore, we climb uphill and don't stop 'til we start back. We went way back up one mountain where there was a big house built like a castle. In fact, it may have been a castle.

The guide said it belonged to a Chinese who had fifteen wives, seventy-five children and five on the way. HA  I wonder if I'm that much of a man. I would like to try it sometime. HA 

And I saw Xavier Cugat, a bandleader, you know who I mean. He and some good looking American gal were shopping in one of the stores I was in. She called him "Cugie dear." I suppose he was buying her a wardrobe. HA  And one of the girls in his troupe is a cousin of one of the guys in my division.

So, he is over tonight, talking over old times and getting drunk with her. HA 

I wish I had lots of cash and a place to store the stuff. I would buy 3 or 4 suits.

So, you had a "Pink Lady," eh? It's a pretty good drink, I guess I like all of them. A "Singapore Sling" is good, too. Oh, I forgot. I had one yesterday. It didn't like "Gin & Tonic." It was "lousy." 


Well, "sweet thing," I've got to sign off and hit the sack.

Answer soon.

I love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...