Thursday, August 6, 2015

Moving Cows To Get A Seat

October 22, 1952
San Diego, Calif.

Atchison Topeka &Santa Fe trademark in the late 19th century
Hi Norma,

Your letter was postmarked in New Albany, Indiana, so I suppose you're enjoying another excursion. Wish I was there so we could do a little chasing around together. 

[Editor's note: Norma's love of travel didn't end when she married Jim. One of his nicknames for her was "Go Parker."]

The was you describe those buses you rode reminds me of the trains on the Santa Fe route

I had to move a cow to get a seat.

There were 250 big shots who came aboard today and we had to show them around. They are a lot of trouble and can ask some of the damnedest questions. 

I made out tonight. I got the 8 to 12 flight deck watch. I don't have much to do, but I had still rather sleep. 

Of course, honey, I would like you to snuggle up to me and if I had been on the bus, I wouldn't have let you get cold. I'm too much of a gentleman to let that happen to a lady. I would have given you my coat. HA  

It seems I've seen this "Club Rialto" going from Detroit to Tennessee. 

That floor show sounds like it was pretty good. I could go for something like that now. 

"Yes," I know what "zombies" are and I know that it can knock you on your "stem-shut." I drank a few of them. I bet you were "hot to go" after them. I've seen how they affected women before. Whiskey works on me the same way, but beer is just the opposite. When I drink beer I'm not much of a guy to be out with.

But with a few mixed drinks under my belt, I can make any woman happy.

Well, baby, I've got to sign off.

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...