Sunday, August 30, 2015

Indian Beef

May 11, 1953
At Sea

Front of cover the Western, "Indian Beef"
Hi Sweet Thing,

You had better appreciate this letter because I'm depriving myself of sleep to write it. HA I was kidding. I know you do the same thing for me and for you, I would lose a lot of sleep.

Tomorrow is refueling day but I have the watch and have to get up at 4 bells.

My section has the watch from 4:30 AM to 2:45 PM. I know I'm gonna have trouble getting some of the guys up. They all make a special effort to be sleepyheads on refueling day.

But I shouldn't complain. The guy who wakes me will probably have a "helluva" time, too. HA 

I just finished a western novel entitled "Indian Beef." Pretty good, I thought.  

I also read one of those sex novels, "Bodies in Bed." I've had quite a bit of time for reading lately. We've been in bad weather for four days now. About all we do is fly a weather hop two or three times a day. 

In two more days we go back into port. I wish we didn't have to come back anymore, but nine days isn't much. I can stand on my head that long.

"Excuse me," I just got into a friendly argument with my bunkmate. I'm always giving him a bad time. I tell him I'm a better lover than he is and it shakes him all up. HA 

Now he is in bed reading the Bible.

Honey, I better sign off and hit the feathers. 

Over and out.

Answer soon.

I love you, angel,

Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...