Thursday, August 20, 2015

Short And Sweet

February 18, 1953
at sea

Scan of Jim's stationery for this letter
Hi "angel," 

This will have to be "short and sweet" because mail closes at midnight and it is pretty close to that now. Also, if I don't mail it tonight, it will be four days before I get another chance.

We are still flying day and night and it seems to get colder every day.

You asked if I thought I would make another cruise over here. "Yes," I suppose I will unless the war is over before next fall.

When I get out of the service, I don't know if I want to be a milkman or not. If I could find a job as a salesman for some company, I would like to give it a "whirl." But as far as I know now, I'll have to peddle milk for awhile, anyway.

So you read the "sex life of the american male," eh? I bet it was interesting. To a female, at least. 

I like the pictures real well. I don't want to send the one you wanted back unless I have to. Please, let me keep it, O.K?

I hear George S______ is due home in March, is that right? I suppose a lot of them will be coming home pretty soon.

Honey, I've got to sing off and mail this.

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...