Friday, August 21, 2015

Another Short And Sweet

February 22, 1953
at sea
Scan of Jim's stationery for this letter

Hi Baby,

This will be "short & sweet" like all the rest have been lately. If you will excuse the expression, they have been working the "hell" out of us for the last week.

We send of a strike, set up another, and by the time we get the second one off, the first is back ready to land.

All day long it's a continuous cycle.

Today we flew 16 hours and tomorrow is refueling day, but we have to get up at 6:00 to land a couple of "wind wagons." 

Your stationery is very nice. That's a "sexy" initial it has in the upper left hand corner.

That dream you had about us must have really been something. I certainly will remind you to tell me about it when I get home.

I'm trying to write and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes to stay awake. I feel like I've been on a two week drunk and I wish I were. And these "damn" people who keep turning the lights out ain't helping my disposition any.

We have a plane flying to Japan tomorrow. I'm going to have him (the pilot) mail this on the beach for me, maybe it will get there quicker than if it went by ship to the beach.

Honey, since I can't think of anything else to say, I'll sign off.

Answer real soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...