Saturday, August 15, 2015

Tomorrow I'll Be Fine

January 18, 1953
"Korea"

Clearing snow from the Badoeng Strait's deck, 1950
Hi, "honey,"

This will be short because I'm "shot down."

For the last four days, we've been going day and night, but tomorrow is refueling day so maybe we will get some rest. Also, if this sounds like I'm homesick, disregard it. Tomorrow, I'll feel fine.

I'll have to hurry this also because mail closes at midnight and it's almost that time now.

I've worn those phone headsets for so long today my head feels like I could stick it in a gun barrel. Pretty soon I'm gonna have cauliflower ears.

Today must be Sunday. I heard Church Call go a few minutes ago. I think it was Catholic mass or something but our Sundays ended when we left Pearl Harbor. That is for the guys in the air department.

I wonder what you are doing tonight? Whatever it is, I would like to be doing it with you.

Norma, honey, I can't think of anything else to say, so I may as well sign off.

Answer soon, sweet thing.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...