Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My Lonely Heart Is Running Wild

March 28, 1953
"at sea"

Carl Smith's single, "My Lonely Heart Is Running Wild"
was on Billboard's Country Charts in Jan-Feb, 1953
Hi Angel,

Yeah, it's me again. The guy who likes to write but can never think of anything to say.

It has been boring here all day. We haven't done anything but sleep, but I hear we have to get up at 4 in the morning. I sure dread going back to work. HA 

"Honey," I wouldn't be a bit afraid to kiss you whether you have a cold or not.

I hope we make fools out of ourselves when we go dancing. That's the best way to have fun. Just let yourself go. HA 

That song, "My Lonely Heart Is Running Wild," I've never heard it. But it must be pretty good. 

Honey, you're a sweet girl for writing every day. I wait for your letters every mail call and don't feel right unless I get two or three from you, but if it is too much trouble, I'll understand. I would like to write you every day too, but some days I don't have the time.

"Darling," I've got to stop now and go to bed 'cause "four bells" comes pretty early. 

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...