Monday, August 24, 2015

She Must Think She Has Me Hooked

March 16, 1953
at sea, some more

Movie poster for "Elopement," ca. 1951
Hi Beautiful,

Honey, I just love you to pieces. You've written every day for the last 18 or 20 days. (I've forgotten which.) I love it, darling, keep it up.

And it's been three days since I've had a chance to write you. I'll try to answer all of them, but if I fail to answer a question you asked, have patience. I'll get it next time.

I wish I could get some more stationery. I'm getting tired of this, but it's all we have aboard the ship and we haven't been into port in 39 days. We are on our way to Hong Kong now, should be there about the 19th or 20th. I sure will be glad to get a rest. I wish I could get away from airplanes for about 20 years. In fact, I wish I never had to see another one. 

I don't think I'll go ashore as much in Hong Kong. I'll stay aboard and relax.

And day before yesterday, we lost another pilot. It just isn't worth it. 

I was just rereading some of your letters and wishing I could keep all of them but I don't have any place to put them. My locker is just barely large enough for my clothes and shaving gear. 

Look, little angel, if you will save your vacation or at least part of it 'til I come home, we will do anything you want to. If you want to go to N.Y., we'll go, or any place else. I should have 25 days at least and possibly 30, but I still don't know when I will get it. 

I've never heard the song "That's Me Without You" by Webb Pierce, but I'll bet it is pretty.

If I were home and Carl Smith was singing "Are You Teasing Me" and you didn't tickle my leg, I would spank your "stem shunt."

I went to the movie tonight but got to thinking of you and left to write you a letter. The movie was "Elopement" with Clifton Webb. 

My buddy Lash got a letter from his girl friend. She has bought her wedding dress. He said, and I quote, "She must think she has me hooked! HA. HA." And she pretty well has, too.

Well, sweet thing, I have to close and write my mother. 

Answer soon.

I love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...