Thursday, August 6, 2015

Are You Teasing Me

Michigan Bell Lobby, Detroit
November 2, 1952
San Diego, Calif.

Hi Norma,

I've had two letters from you since I've written to you, but when we hit port for just two days, I usually hit the beach.

It's late now. I've just returned from town. I quit drinking long enough to see "Ivanhoe." It's a good movie. If you get the chance, be sure to see it.


Of course you are included in the "dearest girls." In fact, as far as I'm concerned, you are one of the better girls.

"Yes," I remember "are you teasing me" and it brings back the most pleasant memories.

I wish I were with you tonight. I would whisper in your ear and tell you how cute you are.

You had better stay out of those prisons. You might get raped. HA Which reminds me of a joke. Quote: "A girl stack of wheat went to bed with a boy stack of wheat. When she awoke, she found she was 'bread' and shouted, 'Ye Gods! I've been reaped!'" 

Do I consider you a woman?!! Gal! You're all woman from your shapely little toes to your cute blonde head. If you were any more woman, I don't think any man could keep you happy.

I'm like you, I hate to see winter coming. I know how cold it gets overseas.

Congratulations on your promotion. If you keep going, pretty soon you may be president of of M.B.T. [Michigan Bell Telephone]. 

"No," I fooled you. I haven't been to T. town [Tijuna] lately. I don't think I'll go anymore after we leave the States. And another thing, "honey," if I were home I would be having much more fun taking you out. There are no girls on the west coast who can take your place with me.

From now on, don't mention my middle name. I don't like it. I don't know why they had to hang it on me anyway.

[Editor's note: This is news to me. Norma used both their middle names to configure my name and I always hated it, too.]

I heard Cy A____ was out. I'm glad he has done his part. Now I suppose it's time for us to do ours. I don't know anything about their plans, if they have any.

[Editor's note: It seems that Dorothy, Jim's old girlfriend from the beginning of his correspondence with Norma, was seeing Cy. They eventually married.]

Hasn't Dot D_____ gotten married yet? "Damn," that gal has been chasing men since I can remember.

We leave for "Gook" Country the 20th of November, which is only 18 days away and I'll be glad to get away from this place when we go. In fact, I want to get over there and get this "damn" thing over with. 

Well, honey, I've got to sign off. 

Answer real soon.

Love, 

Jim 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...