Sunday, August 30, 2015

I'll Just Say I Love You

April 22, 1953
At Sea

Helicopters take off from the USS Valley Forge, ca. 1952
Hi Darling,

I was thinking about you and decided to write while I have time. We are going to be very busy for the next few days. Tomorrow, half of us have to get up at 3:30, but we are the late sleepers. HA  The other half get up at 1:00. That's one hour past midnight. HA  It will be about 10:00 tomorrow night when we stop flying. That's the way it will be for the rest of the time out here. I'm sure glad it is our last time on the line.

Before I started this, I thought of some nice phrases to tell you how much I love you, but now none of them sound any good. So, I'll just say I love you and hope you'll believe it.

I didn't have much fun in port this time. I'm so damned sick of Japan, nothing about it excites me anymore. Maybe the East Coast will be better, if we get there. 

Glad to hear about Janelle and Mort's engagement. I think they make a swell pair.

I would like to write more, but I had better hit the sack. 

Answer soon.

All my love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...