Friday, August 21, 2015

Honey Doll

February 26, 1953

Hi Honey,
Jim's stationery for this letter

What's cooking? 

I don't like to write when I'm in the kind of mood I'm in tonight. I'm in a real black mood. HA These people are trying to put over a raw deal on me. So far, I've been able to talk them out of it, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to. "Oh, well," it's my trouble so I won't trouble you with it.

Tomorrow is refueling day, so maybe we can get some rest.

You must have started censoring your mail. I noticed you clipped a paragraph
out of one letter. I would like to know what was in the part you cut out.

"Sure," we will go to N.Y. if I get enough leave this time. But I don't know yet how much I will get.

"Baby," I would like to write every night, but I don't have time. I'm a busy man these days.

"Yes," I remember the little town called Wyandotte. I wish we were there now. 

I suppose I'll break down and buy a new car in about 1971. HA I had a '49 Chevrolet when I enlisted. Now I don't have anything. 

That "part of you" that goes to sleep when you sit on a wooden bench must be lazy.

I have a buddy who flies a jet off of this ship. He was telling me about trying to shoot down a bomber. He missed it, but he said scared the "hell" out of the pilot and crew. 

Honey Doll, I have to get up early tomorrow to go watch. 

So, answer soon, 

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...