Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Iron Mistress

February 7, 1953
Yokosuka, Japan

Jim's stationery, ca. 1953
Hi Angel,

I haven't heard from you in so long it isn't funny, but I may not have answered your last letter, so I'll try to write.

I can't think of anything to say, except we are pulling out tomorrow, going back out to the line. The next liberty port we hit will be Hong Kong and if they have any pajamas like you wanted, I'll get you a set or suit or pair (I don't know which). HA  They don't have any quilted ones in Japan. I've looked all over.

How would you like a silk jacket with an emblem on the back? I'm gonna get one for myself. I'll tell you more about it, it's waist length and very thin. The emblem consists of tigers, dragons, and suchlike. I like the look of them, but I don't suppose they are any good, except as a souvenir.  

Do you like rings and bracelets? If you do, tell me and I'll get you some.

I saw "The Iron Mistress" last night and thought it was great. The best movie I've seen in a long time.

Uh oh. They just brought one of the boys in and poured him in his bunk. One too many didn't do that. It took 4 or 5. HA

I'm back again. I took time out to eat a sandwich that my buddy brought from the beach. Ham & egg, it was pretty good, too, want a bite?

I suppose it is cold in Detroit. I can remember mornings in Detroit getting up at 4:30 to go to work. It makes me shiver, but I wish I was still doing it.

Honey, I wish I were home tonight. Know what we would do? Go to some quiet place and talk. I'm in the mood for some peaceful conversation, but not in a letter. I can't talk in a letter.

I've gotta go doll, so answer soon.

All my love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...