Friday, August 14, 2015

The Bachelors Club

December 6, 1952
KOREA
[Norma's Note: "I think it is January 6, 1953]

Harold Feinstein, View From Porthole, from the series Army Draftee
Hi "angel,"

What's cooking? Nutting "new" here, same old stuff. We didn't do anything today. The weather was too bad to fly.

I'll be glad when they run out of this kind of stationery. I've looked at it so much I'm tired of it.

Jim's back to using this stationery

I have to stop pretty often to laugh. We are kidding one of the guys about his girlfriend in the States. He got a letter from her saying she was through with him. "Oh, these women are fickle people." HA

Come to think of it, we haven't had any airmail in about a week. I hope we get some pretty soon.

Hey, "honey," I'm sending a form I want you to fill out and return. It's a form for a date with a sailor. You will see it when it gets there.

I was just reading that last sentence. Sounds logical, doesn't it. HA 

The guys are already talking about leave next summer. I don't know yet when I will take mine. Probably July or August. 

My buddy (Don Cox) and I were talking about taking a tour of Florida when we get out. I sure would like to and then maybe up go up into Canada for a while. I like Canada better than any country I've ever been in. Except, of course,"ye olde U.S.A." I would like to take that trip to N.Y., too, before I have to go to work.

Three of us guys formed a Bachelors Club. We figure that we can never get married any way, so we may as well try to make people think we don't want to. HA We are trying to get some more members.

Well, kid, I might as well sign off. I've run out of verbs and adverbs. 

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...