Sunday, August 2, 2015

Jumping Jacks

July 25, 1952
San Diego, Calif.

Movie poster for "Jumping Jacks," ca. 1952
Hi Norma,
What's new with the working girl?

Let me start by saying, "It's hot." I'm beginning to believe it never cools off here. I have duty today, otherwise I would be at the beach swimming. Either that, or at the race track. I like horse racing, too.

The trouble is, the horses I pick always break a leg and come in last. HA

I'm going to Mexico again tomorrow to watch the bull fights. 

I've been wanting to see "The Pride of St. Louis," but it's either been here and gone or it hasn't gotten here yet.

There is a good one here with Martin and Lewis called "Jumping Jacks." It's about the paratroops. It's a comedy, that's why I like it.

This is a borrowed pen. That's one reason that I make so many [spelling and grammar] mistakes. "Well," I've got to blame it on something. 

Norm, I don't remember just what those questions were about my leave, but I'll do the best I can.

My leave starts the middle of August. I don't know the exact date and probably won't until a few days before I leave the ship. I get twenty days.

I got a letter from Dorothy S____ about a month ago, but I can't answer it. She seems to think I'm a good kid. I don't know how to answer.

She mentioned how most sailors drank a lot and did all sorts of things they shouldn't. It read as if to say, "You wouldn't do anything like that, or would you!!" 

In one way it makes me feel like a hypocrite and another way it makes me mad. Every time I think of it, I want to go get "tight."

Well, kid, I've talked enough of my troubles.  Answer soon.

Love, 

Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...