Wednesday, August 26, 2015

From Hong Kong To The Line

March 27, 1953
Hong Kong

Jim's stationery for this letter
Hi "Honey Doll,"

What's cooking with the sweetest gal I know?

We left Hong "Klong" yesterday for the line. We should be there the 29th or 30th. 

We sure had a good time there. It was the best liberty port I've been in for a long time. I don't know how it would be to be stationed there. Probably get "old" pretty quick.

Did you hear the one about "Ferdinand the Bull?" 

It seems Ferdinand was turned loose in a pasture next to a herd of cows.

Seeing them, he jumped the fence, then a surprised look crossed his face. He lowered his head and commenced munching grass. A young "heifer" walked over and said shyly, "Aren't you Ferdinand the Bull?" 

"No," he said. "I'm just Ferdinand now. I didn't see the top strand on that barbwire fence."

I thought it was pretty good. Whatta you think?

Well, I just got the "dope." We start flying again the day after tomorrow. Our vacation is over. HA 

But at least this time it shouldn't be so "damn" cold.

The way I hear it, we only have 25 or 30 more actual flying days to go. The rest of our time will be spent in port.

"Sweet thing," I sure would like to be with you tonight and tell you things I'm thinking. I can't put it on paper. 

We've known each other for a long time now and have been writing more than two years. Well, let's put it this way, You said if my plans don't include you when I come home, you would take your vacation another time. Darling, my plans definitely do include you. In fact, you just about are my plans. Of course, that is if it's alright with you. I'm very much looking forward to you taking your leave the same time I do. I love you, Norma, and hope that soon I can tell you that with you in my arms.

Honey, I've got to sign off and get in my sack before they turn the lights out.

All my love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...