Monday, July 27, 2015

The Wayfaring Beauty

April 8, 1952
Yokosuka, Japan

Times Square, 1952
Hi ya Norma,

So, my little girl's on another globe-trotting spree, "eh?" I'm gonna stop calling you Norma and start calling you the "Wayfaring Beauty." 

It sounds like you are having fun and, as for me being there with you, all I can do is wish I were there, too. I've always wanted to go to New York City and with a girl like you, it would be even more wonderful.

I don't know if I want to ride with you driving or not. What do you think you are, a hot rodder? HA Any woman driving over 40 mph used to scare me to death. But then maybe I scare some people with my driving, too.

Is Times Square as ritzy as I've always heard?

You had better be careful when you go into that bathroom that connects the two bedrooms. The wrong one of them might be in there. Or if it was the wrong one, you could scream and I would come running. HA Or, swimming. 

"Oh," by the way, do the springs on the bed squeak? You remember the bed you slept in on vacation in Syracuse, New York last year had squeaky springs.

This carrier is a C.V. Class, so if Marie's husband is a sailor, he should know what it is. It is next to the largest the U.S. has.

Yes, I've seen the French uniforms. To me, they look more peculiar than anything else. 

All navy's uniforms are something similar to each other. The first county to have a navy used uniforms something like these, so every other country copied it. The reason the Navy (U.S., that is) hasn't changed uniforms before is that it is tradition and the Navy doesn't like to break tradition. 

Well, "honey," I've got to sign off for now.

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...