Sunday, July 19, 2015

Love From Now On

March 2, 1952
Yokosuka, Japan

Rayve print ad featuring Sally Forrest, ca. 1951


Hi Norma,

I just got your letter today and was real glad to hear from you. And if I don't answer it tonight, I don't know when I'll get a chance. We are pulling out tomorrow and I have a feeling this will be the roughest trip of all. With the weather beginning to break, we will probably start some sort of spring offensive and we will be flying day and night.

I will write every chance I get but I can't promise how often that will be.

I went to a movie tonight. We saw "Bannerline" with Sally Forrest. "Boy," is she a looker. I don't even remember who the male lead was. [Editor's note: It was Keefe Brasselle and who can blame Jim.]

"Honey," you don't wish I was home any more than I do. In fact, I would give my left arm and eye teeth to be there. HA. I think we are supposed to come home in June. That is only three months, not very long.

"Hey," you called yourself a "woman." I remember you as a girl, not a little girl, but one just before she becomes a woman. 

But maybe I've been gone longer than it seems to me.

If I had been at that banquet there wouldn't have been anything left. You should see me eat when we come into port. 

When they hear the Valley Forge is in town, all the restaurant owners take on a new supply of food just for me. 

Norma, they just sounded "taps," so I've got to sign off. I'll try to write again tomorrow.

Answer soon.

Love, 

Jim

[Editor's note: On the front of the envelope, Norma wrote "Love from now on," and "Honey."] 

Click on this link to read the next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...