Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Some Days, There's Just Nothing But Work

USS Valley Forge
Sept. 10, 1951



Hello Norma,

How's things at home?

This leaves me O.K.  This salty air seems to be doing me good.  HA! 

I know I haven't written you in a long time, but I've really been busy the last month.  We go out and stay all week and we work from 15 to 19 hours almost every day.  Today they let us off early.

Did Chuck and Hannah get married yet?  Tell him if they haven't, he had better hurry up things before I come home.  HA! 

I don't like San Diego at all.  It costs too much to pull a decent liberty.  

But it's supposed to be the worst liberty town in the U.S.

Did George S______ ever get called into the Army yet?  Also, John S____ and Jimmy L_____?

You should be out here with us and watch the planes land and take off.  It is a lot of fun, but's its beginning to get a little old.

I guess you had your vacation in Canada already.  I belt you had a lot of fun.

I think we'll be shoving off for Pearl Harbor in October.  Then from there, we go to the battle zone.  If those guys can hold on until we get there, we'll end it right away.  HA! 

During our battle training, just completed, we received a mark of good,  I think the "old man" (Captain) was pretty proud of us.

Well, kid, I had better sign off for now.

Answer soon.

Your buddy, 

Jim

There is no mail coming in or going off.  So, I don't know when I'll get to mail this.

Click on this link to read the next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...