Sunday, October 11, 2015

The View From Providence


March 1, 1954
Providence, R.I.

View aft across the flight deck of the U.S. Navy anti-submarine carrier USS Valley Forge
(CVS-45), during exercise "Tarmac" in 1954. 
Hello Sweetheart,

Nothing new here. What's new with you?

I hope your thumb is O.K. by now, but you have got to learn to keep it out of strange places. HA  Seriously, I hope it isn't mashed up very bad.

I was over in town today. It's like all the other seaport towns and I I don't care too much for what I've seen. Although it is better than Norfolk, Va., but what isn't.

Honey, each month I get two copies of "Daily Meditations For Busy People" from the church. One is addressed to "Jim Parker" and the other to "James Parker." The only thing I can figure is that two different people must be sending them and neither knows what the other is doing. So, how about you squaring them away on the subject, O.K.? I would appreciate it.

So, Polly and Jack when to Tennessee, eh? I didn't know anything about it. Also, I'm very glad to hear Danny doesn't have rheumatic fever, but just what has the kid got?

We get underway tomorrow for Norfolk, but we have 28 planes aboard, so we will have something to do besides "dilly dally" around. Then, we go to Cuba. I'll be glad when that run is over. (Cuba, I mean.)

Doll, I may as well sign off. I can't think of anything else to write. Say hello to everybody for me and answer soon.

All my love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...