Sunday, September 27, 2015

This Time Is Different

September 12, 1953
Norfolk, Va.

Map of the Willow Run Airfield and Yankee Air Museum,
as it looks today
Hello Honey,

Just a couple of lines to let you know when my leave starts and when I will be home.

Leave starts at four o'clock Wednesday the 16th in the afternoon. The plane leaves at six (two hours later) and will land at Willow Run at 10:30 in the same evening. I tried to get a train but their schedules are so fouled up it would take about 30 to 40 hours to get home.

This is the first time I've ever looked forward to coming home. The other times I would just as soon go somewhere else as long as I was getting away from the ship. But this time is different.

Well Doll, I might as well sign off. 

I love you, honey, and in four days I'll show you how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...