Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Unfinished Letter

Thursday, August 13
Norfolk, Va.

Corsair on Approach by Stan Stokes
Hi Darling,

I'll write as long as this pen does but if it keeps fouling up, I'm gonna throw it over side.

We are having a storm here now. This afternoon we landed aircraft and right away pulled out into the stream so we can maneuver when the worst part of the storm hits. Tomorrow morning at 6:00 we are supposed to have winds up to 65 miles per hour, but I think it will blow out before it hits here.

If the winds die down we will go back into port tomorrow and I'll call you, but if they don't, of course, I can't.

I'm glad you made the trip home alright.

I wish this Canadian cruise was over so I could come home. I miss you already.  What

[Editor's Note: The letter ends mid sentence.]

Click on this link to read the next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...