Saturday, September 5, 2015

Civilization By Way Of Milwaukee

June 16, 1953
"At Sea"

The Braves made Major League history when they moved
from Boston to Milwaukee in 1953
Hi Honey,

We must be close to Honolulu, it's hot at hell. I can't stand too much of this temperature. I think I'll go back to the line. On second thought, I don't think I will. HA 

I know we are getting close to civilization because tonight I heard a ball game from Milwaukee. 

We pull into Pearl Harbor tomorrow morning at seven o'clock and the division is having a beer party tomorrow night, but I don't think I'll go. 'Cause too much beer will weaken me. HA 

If I'm right, Pinnegar and Stewart and some more of the guys should be out by now. I'll bet they are sure glad to be civilians again. 

Sometimes I wish I had joined the Army. 

I just wrote my sister a letter and "chewed her out" for going with a certain guy. She is 16, he is 23 and the most obnoxious man I ever met.

My simple mind is pretty well a blank tonight. All I can think of is nine days to stateside and then about 40 days to Norfolk. That East Coast is sure gonna look good to me. 

Hey, honey, tattoo just went, so lights out in five minutes.

Answer soon.

I love you, Doll, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...