Sunday, September 27, 2015

Don't Get Any Other Ideas

September 7, 1953
Norfolk, Va.


The historic Willow Run bomber plant; at the likely
time of this image, is producing autos for Kaiser or
(from 1953) Hydramatic transmissions for GM.
Hi Doll,

How is the sweetest girl I know? 

Today is "labor" day. What did you do to celebrate? It would be a good day for picnicking here. Just the right temperature. I wish I could have been home so we could have done whatever you did together.

I've stayed aboard all day. I don't like to go to the beach in this town. 

My brother called me this morning to "shoot the bull" a while. He said they [John and Ruby Parker] just bought a home in Royal Oak [Michigan] and wants me to help him move in while I'm home. He plans to move either the second or third week of October. I'm looking forward to seeing his new home. For a long time I've been trying to get him to move out of the neighborhood he is living in now.

Honey, only eight more days to go, although it will seem longer.

Even though it's only a been a month since you were here, I miss you a lot already.

If I fly home, I'll land at Willow Run Airport at 2:30 in the morning. Think you can get up that early to meet me?

I love you, Norma. Don't get any other ideas.

I'm tired tonight from doing nothing. In fact, I haven't done anything since we came back from Halifax. 

We are pulling out in the stream Wednesday to off load the "ammo." That will take three or four days. We will come back on Friday night or Saturday morning.

Well, honey, I may as well sign off. 

Answer soon.

All my love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...