Saturday, September 26, 2015

Just A Matter Of Days

September 4
Norfolk, Va.

Jim's stationery for this letter
Hi Doll,

How is the sweetest girl I know? We just got in this afternoon from Halifax. We had a real good time there. The people were the nicest and most considerate I've met since I've been in the service. 

We didn't get any mail while we were gone and I got six or seven [letters] from you today.  I'm not going to try to answer all your letters. I don't have enough stationery and I must write my mom tonight.

I sure did miss you on our cruise to Nova Scotia since you came out here. I love you more than ever. And miss you more.

Darling, only twelve more days 'til my leave starts. Remember when we were counting months? Then weeks. Now, it's just a matter of days.

We got our new captain aboard. He seems like a real nice "swab," much better than the one he relieved. 

This weekend he gave everyone but the duty section a long (72 hours) pass. 

I called you tonight but you were out, so I told them to tell you I would call back tomorrow.

No, I'm not surprised at Millie G___ "making out" and I suppose you also know how she managed it. 

Sweet thing, I'm gonna sing off for now.

Answer soon.

I love you, Doll, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...