Sunday, September 6, 2015

Even Tijuana Is Dead Boring

July 3, 1953
San Diego


Postcard for Tijuana, unknown date
Hi Sweet Thing,

What's cooking at home? You have probably guessed by now that I'm no mood to write. I just can't seem to do anything today.

A couple of us went to Tijuana last night but things were dead there. We were back aboard by midnight. 

We have been working on the ship taking platforms and overhangs off the side of it to be able to get her through the locks of the Panama Canal

I heard today that it (the ship) is going into dry dock for a complete re-conversion. If so, it won't be out for two years. I suppose all of us will go to other carriers.

So, Pinnegar is out and driving a new car already, eh? By the time I get home, all of the guys will be out.  Oh, yes, tell Pinnegar "hello." 

Darling, the picture is wonderful. I'm so really proud of it. But, I hadn't forgotten what you look like. I know you'll be the same cute little doll you were when I saw you last. 

Yes, baby!! If you were on the beach, they couldn't keep me aboard. In fact, I might quit playing ball to be with you more. And, honey, for me that would be a sacrifice. HA 

Look, gal, don't have that hair cut too short or I'll get you a wig. And I'm not fooling.

Well, I may as well shut up.

So, answer soon.

All my love,

Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...