Friday, July 24, 2015

Lost At Sea

March 23, 1952
Lost at sea

"Mutiny on the Bounty" (1935), starring Charles Laughton and Clark Cable

Hi Norma,

This is your seasick man again. Well, I'm not exactly seasick, but I'm not far from it.

We're in the worst storm I've ever seen. This tub is pitching all over the sea. We were working all morning tying down the planes to keep them form rolling overside.

We've been out for 23 days this time and I'm getting ready to go back in port again. I don't know just how the captain feels about it, but usually anything that "old man" can do to make life miserable for his men, he'll do it. Did you ever read "Mutiny On The Bounty?" The Bounty was a ship that had a captain who was so bad that the crew mutinied and we're beginning to compare our captain to with him. In other words, our "old man" stinks.

So, my Red Wings done clinched the National Hockey League pennant, "eh?" I was sure they would win, but I didn't think they would do it so soon. 

I really made out on mail today. I got five letters. I even got one from my mother and sister.

So, you always wanted to go to a nightclub, "eh?" Well, they are O.K., but you soon tire of them, at least I do. I guess I wasn't meant to be a playboy HA.

Some people can wake up with those headaches every morning, but not me. When I get out of the Navy, I'll stop drinking. Maybe even before. 

Well, Norm, I've got to sign off, almost sack time. 

Answer soon.

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...