Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hitting The Honolulu Beach

June 18, 1953
Honolulu

DeRussy Beach 1953
Hello Honey,

We hit Hawaii yesterday and I had five letters from you. It made me plenty happy.

It sure is hot here. Quite a contrast from what I've been used to and I'm having a pretty hard time getting accustomed to the change.

I'm not gonna answer your letters in order but just as I pick them up. I'm in kind of a hurry to hit the beach. HA  

Norma, I would like to be with you today. I can think of many things we could do. I love you, honey, and will be glad to get home to show you how much. 

That swimming and laughing on the beach sure sounds like fun. 

We had a division party yesterday. I didn't intend to go, but decided I had better. Now, I wish I hadn't. Too much beer, no good. HA  I couldn't hit the ground if I had fallen out of an airplane last night.

Oh, well, I'll quit doing things like that someday.

My mind won't function this morning. I must have been in worse shape yesterday than I thought I was and, from what they say, I was pretty far gone.

I think I'll go over today and see a movie.

Sweet thing, I better sign off before I pass out. HA 

Answer soon.

All my love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Hello From Boot Camp

James C. Parker, S.R. Co. 208 Great Lakes, Ill January 21, 1951 Scan of Jim's envelope Hello Norma, How's the kid? ...